Professional development programs
Creating Chances offers a range of professional development and training programs for teachers, community and youth workers, young people and volunteers. For individuals this offers opportunities to work for and/or volunteer with Creating Chances while schools and community groups can develop their capability and capacity to better support ongoing implementation of our programs.
Creating Chances provides tailored training programs including:
- NESA-accredited professional development programs for teachers
- Seminars for community and youth workers
- Ongoing learning and development of Creating Chances Facilitators
- Accredited sports coaching
With extensive experience in the design and implementation of youth development programs, Creating Chances uses our expertise to deliver these valuable courses.
Creating Chances programs are accredited with the NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) and endorsed as Quality Teaching Council (QTC) Registered Professional Development (PD).
The courses we offer include:
1. Teacher Professional Development: including engaging students through experiential learning, managing teacher learner interactions and developing creative and critical thinking in the classroom: 6-hours
2. Experiential learning; Engaging delivery methods; and Lifeskills through sport: 1-day seminars
3. Creating Chances Facilitator Training: offered for teachers, staff at community organisations and individuals working or wanting to work with young people. This training is designed to build the capacity of individuals and organisations to facilitate Creating Chances’ Youth Development programs: 2 days
4. Coaching Foundations course: 1-day